Make Your Computer Run Faster
With Our Computer Speed Up Articles
Windows XP, Vista and 7 are very flexible operating systems when it comes to tweaking them to get the maximum performance.
There are a number of very simple tweaks that anyone can do, to get more performance.
The first thing to do is to modify system interface
- Go to Control Panel ( Start Menu and you will see it on the list ) double click the System > Advanced > Performance This will take you to Visual Effects you have a number of options from here, for pure speed you can select Adjust for best performance my personal choice is to select Custom and then remove ticks from all but the very bottom box, this will still look like XP but it will remove a lot of the unneeded operating system visual effects.
- The next option we have is to set a Fixed page file, you can do this from the System in Control panel again
- Select the Visual Effects > Advanced at the bottom you’ll see a section labelled Virtual memory
- Select Change system managed size should be selected, Select Custom Size and set the minimum to 500mb and the maximum to 2000mb.
Stay in Control Panel
- Select Display, under the Themes tab, set this to, Windows Classic under the Desktop tab, set the background to None
- Under the Settings tab, check the colour quality, is it set to Highest 32bit if so change it to Medium 16bit
Stopping the indexing service
- Go to the Start Menu Select Run, now type services.msc
- After a few seconds you’ll get the services box, from here search for Indexing service double click on it.
- Now you’ll be under the general tab, under service status click Stop also where it says Start-up Type change it to manual
- These are all basic XP tweaks that will make you computer run faster, any of them are fully reversible at any time.
There are lots of other things that cause your computer to run slow, such a Spyware, Virus’s, a clean disk,
checkout these and many other articles to help your computer speed up.